Mar 24, 2011

The Evils of Social Networking...

Ok, so I attended a pretty large high school as it was the only high school in Jefferson County. For this reason, I pretty much accept every friend request I receive from someone I attended school with, even if I don't remember them. I'm sure at some point in time we said "hi," to eachother in the hall, had mutual friends, or had classes together. However, recently, this one dude has been sending obscene messages/posts to me and my fellow alumni-like seriously bad stuff. This started last Friday when myself and several of my friends received super obscene messages from this dude (i.e. do you suck co*k?). I don't remember this guy, so I didn't take it personally and brushed it off. Earlier in the week he made a public apology on his wall and I was like, OK, so maybe he was on a bender and thought he was being funny. (We've all done crazy things on a bender, right?) BUT, today I received another message that I found to be extremely offensive. I found it to be so offensive that I took a picture of it (see below), just to prove to folks that I wasn't exaggerating. I find the word "dike," to be very derogatory as I have several good friends who are lesbians and are not, "dikes." "Dikes" do not exist to me. I can only sum this post up in the words of Depeche Mode:

People are people
So why should it be
You and I should get
Along so awfully
People are people
So why should it be
You and I should get
Along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong..and yada, yada yada...

No comments: