Oct 7, 2009

The News Media Just Makes Blogging too Easy for Me...



Okay, so if you've read some of my previous blog posts, you will know that I have a very strong opinion over the media's overly positive focus on teen pregnancy and pregnancy in general. Every tabloid shows flattering photos of beautiful celebrities and their "baby bumps." What is this obsession with "baby bumps," anyhow? I have a so called "baby bump," if I've had too much pizza! Anyhoo, I'm going off on a tangent, which I'm very good at by the way, but I digress. The link I've posted will lead you to a photo and article about Teen Vogue. A 19 year old preggo model is on the cover, all beautiful and glowing. Television also seems to be promoting teen pregnancy. For instance, there is a popular reality show on MTV simply titled, Sixteen and Pregnant. I just happened to run across the reunion show and the teen moms were just like, "it's wonderful, the baby sleeps all night," yada...yada...yada...like gag me with a spoon. I'm just not feeding you hype folks. My just turned 18 yr. old cousin decided that she wanted to have a baby rather than go to school or work or form any sort of life for herself. How can you make a good life for your child when you don't have a life of your own? This is a growing problem, and if you don't want to take my word for it, just take a trip to your local Wal-Mart and count the young girls sporting their "baby bumps." If you're a teenager thinking about getting pregnant and you're reading this, please see the photo I've posted above of myself in the middle of 26 hours of grueling labor. Enjoy!:)

No comments: