Jun 5, 2008

Quarter-Life Crisis




So...I had an epiphany yesterday and decided that I was going to take charge of my whiteness. It's gotten so bad that my husband has been hinting around, making comments like "you can always go lay out on the back patio to get some sun." I'm not just white-I'm transparent. I'm 27 years old and had never laid in a tanning bed until yesterday. The whole experience is bizarre. Most of my friends who tan say things like, "oh, it's a mini-vacation!" or "it's so relaxing." I can't say that I feel the same way about it. The weird goggles and the feeling of being in a lit up disco coffin with 80's music (I have the choice of 4 radio stations and I choose the 80's station) is going to take some getting used to. I think I could even smell my flesh burning during tonight's ten minute session. I went straight to the gym afterwards and was worried that others could smell my burning flesh aroma as well. I must be going through my quarter-life crisis. Watch out...I may get a young boyfriend and a sports car in the very near future.;)




Oh, and since this is my first blog and all...I've decided I'm going to give mine it's very own twist by posting a goofy picture at least 1 x per week for your enjoyment. That's how I roll and stuff. Oh, and I'm also posting a pic of Liv just because.








No comments: