Jun 9, 2008

Hold the tomato please...

Why is it that every time there is a food recall, it's something that I've had a craving for and have already eaten a lot of. I don't know if it's the hot weather, but I've been eating tomato and mayo sandwiches at least once a week. Guess what? Tomatoes are being recalled for Salmonella-even Taco Bell and McDonald's have pulled tomatoes off the menu. It just figures. For instance, when I was pregnant, I had a huge craving for salads and was eating them just about daily. Then there was the spinach recall and a lettuce recall so I quit eating salads. I didn't eat a salad for at least two months, or a raw veggie for that matter. I guess that's why I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy. I just started drinking shakes and eating pizza. What's even worse is that items are being recalled that one would never imagine being unsafe. Take last year's peanut butter recall for example. Who would have thought that their peanut butter could make them sick?!? I'm a hypochondriac to begin with so this shit doesn't help. I just thought I'd vent.

No comments: