Jul 28, 2011

Fleeing Facebook...

So, the first step to recovery is admitting the problem, right? Well, I recently realized I had a Facebook problem. I found myself checking it on my phone every morning when I woke up, before I went to bed, and everywhere in between. I also found myself updating my status like every 5 minutes and posting pictures of pointless things just because. FB was consuming my life, and I knew it was time to take a break and go on a FB hiatus. During that time I was able to step outside and look in and clearly see that nobody cared about what I was eating for dinner, where I was at every minute of the day (plus, that was just an invitation for stalkers), etc. During my hiatus I have been reading more, spending more quality time with family, sleeping better, yada...yada...yada. I'm not completely kicking FB to the curb, but I'm only allowing myself to check it twice a day, MAX, and I promise to only take pictures of fascinating things such as aliens, celebrities, and other oddities.:)
-KBN

No comments: