Jan 8, 2011

These Dreams...

Guess what? I had another one of those marathon dream sequences. I have strange dreams quite often, but every now and then I will have a full night of them. Maybe it was a result of eating almost an entire medium pizza by myself. Here goes it...

I first remember getting my hair cut in a very short bob and being very upset about it. I've been having dreams about getting my hair cut short a lot lately. I think it's because I've been growing it out for over two years and it's finally the length I want it to be.

Then I decide I'm hungry so I call in an order to Arby's (yeah, you can do just about anything in dreams). I decide to leave Liv at home alone rather than taking her with me.  I go to Arby's and find what appears to be my bag on top of the garbage can. It contains the roast beef and curly fries I ordered. However, I notice the drink next to it is a small and it's half empty. I then ask the clerk at the counter about it and she tells me that I have the wrong order.  I have to wait on my order as it's not yet ready. I become very anxious and regret leaving Liv at home alone. I keep thinking of all she could be getting into." On no! What if she goes outside?" I call home and talk to her. Even though I confirm that she's alright, I'm still very worried. I become even more anxious when the line at Arby's grows longer...

Then I'm in my childhood home. It's a Thursday and I'm planning to get married (to Ant again) on Saturday. I realize that I never received the wedding invitations I ordered and begin to freak out over the fact that no guests will be at my wedding. I frantically begin to think of people to call to invite to my wedding...

Then I'm somewhere, who knows where, and I'm informed that a family friend has located a dentist for me (I already have a dentist). The dentist's name is Dr. Breta and he's located on Breda Drive. I'm like "that's awesome, I work on Breda Drive, it will be convenient!"  I look him up in the phonebook...

Then I'm at a store buying something ( I can't recall what it was), and while I'm there I ask the clerk if I can go ahead and pay my dental payment there, and she tells me I can. She hands me the receipt and I freak because the dental charges amount to nearly one thousand dollars! I ask her if she can take it off, and she informs me that she can't. She tries to comfort me, by pointing out that I still have a little over $200 left in the bank. I decide I have to hurry and go to the dentist's office to explain what happened...

Then I'm out in the parking lot and I'm driving a large pickup truck instead of my car. I drop my phone as I'm putting my bag in the bed of the truck. I'm frantically looking for my phone and can't find it. As I get in the truck and begin to drive, I hear my text alert (which was going off on my real phone in real life) so I'm comforted that my phone is somewhere in the truck...

Then I begin to drive to the dentist office and realize I didn't enter the address to the dental office in my GPS. I figure since the office is on the same street my office is, I can find it without directions. I look for signs and any building that remotely looks like a dental office...

Then I realize I've gone too far and decide to turn around at a school. I somehow end up driving on the sidewalk. I'm dodging people as I'm just trying to find a place to turn around. At one point, I'm actually carrying the truck in my arms in order to get down steps. I never made it to that damn dental appointment...

Until Next Time,

Keep Dreaming

No comments: