Nov 14, 2010

Coffee & Other Mysteries


I know, I know, I've always marched to the beat of a different drummer, but there are a few things in life that I don't get, that I would like to embrace for just once in my life. For starters, I don't get coffee. People LOVE coffee. When I check Facebook and Twitter each morning, there is at least one person devoting their status comment to coffee. Everywhere I go, no matter what time of day, I see someone with their fancy coffee thermos sipping away, and I think to myself, "I really want to be a coffee drinker-I want a fancy thermos!" Yes, I've tried coffee, and with tons of french vanilla creamer and sugar, it was still a lackluster event." What also kills me is that coffee drinkers automatically assume that everyone drinks coffee. For instance, I've been going to some training for work 1-2 times per month. The first time I went they offered coffee, orange juice and water. Ever since, they've only offered coffee. What is the deal with coffee?!?!? I could seriously go on and on, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose my blog readers (all two of you) if I keep dissing coffee. I do have one positive thing to say about coffee-it smells great! It's kind of like after you've eaten an entire meal and you're stuffed and then you catch whiff of food cooking at another restaurant-you don't want to eat the food but you're thinking to yourself, "that smells good!"

Sooooo...do you wanna know something else that I don't get? I don't get Harry Potter. I've never had the desire to pick up a Harry Potter book to read, and I don't give it a second thought to flip past a Harry Potter movie while channel surfing. Apparently the sh*t is pretty awesome or else there wouldn't be people lined up at midnight waiting on the next book release. It's not you, it's me, Harry. I'm so sorry...

Star Wars, what is it with me and Star Wars? I don't even need anyone to argue with me about flippin' Star Wars. I know, it has to be amazing-people go nuts over it, dress up as Star Wars characters for Halloween, etc. Why don't I get Star Wars?

Lord of the Rings-don't get this one either.

Twilight and all other related vampire movies-I don't get them at all! I swear a couple of months back I guess there was a new Twilight release or something-I was going to have to smack a beeatch if I was asked if I was on team Edward or team Jacob one more time!

I bet my blog readers (all two of you) are starting to wonder if I'm going to get to the point here, and actually I didn't even have a point when I started writing this, but guess what? I do now! I've decided that after the holidays, I'm going to expose myself to each of the things that I simply do not get! I will post my response after each experience. Stay tuned (all two of you)!:)

3 comments:

Specific Ramblings said...

I love coffee - I like Star Wars - but I do not get the other "phenomena" you mentioned either! Keep up the good work, lady!!!!!

Bizarro Novarro said...

You too chick! Thanks!:)

Darth Daver said...

I thought everyone liked coffee...